Tips & Tricks
Ever since the inception of the internet, things have become a lot easier, but if you are shopping online, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind. Even though there are so many websites, you have to make sure that you are using the right one. For this, you will have to […]
Latest From Our Blog
Ever since the inception of the internet, things have become a lot easier, but if you are shopping online, there are certain things that you have to keep in mind. Even though there are so many websites, you have to make sure that you are using the right one. For this, you will have to establish the credibility of the site, and once you know it, you can go ahead, and surf.
Always Examine Product Details
If you don’t want to regret it, you have to read everything carefully. You can select anything without going into any details. The pictures are meant to attract you, but there are crucial details that are very important. To avoid regret, make sure that you read the product details carefully so that you know what you are buying.
Check Shipping Costs
This is one of the most important things while you are shopping. Shipping won’t be the same for every location, and there can be varying charges. The price can also depend on the time and location. Some companies will send it for free, but you have to know where the policy is applied and where it is not. You can find the policy of the website, and read it carefully when you proceed further.
Compare Prices of Similar Products
Everybody’s goal is to make sure that they get the best of the product. To do that, you have to make sure that you did what was required. You can find plenty of websites offering the same product within a different price range. Low-price doesn’t mean the low-quality, sometimes you can get the same things at a lower price. So make sure that you are comparing similar products and websites to make sure that you get the best of the deal.
Read Product Reviews
This is the best way to find out about the product. The customers are likely to drop a review of the product. Make sure that you have read the review before you make your decision. Some customers can give you an insight into the product and can help you in making your mind regarding the purchase of the said product.
Know Your Rights
Everybody has rights, and when it comes to consumers, every consumer has to know his/her rights. Various stores have different policies, and you have to read them carefully. You can know about the refund policies and rights that you have from the customer service or the help page of the site.
Many scammers devise schemes to get your personal information and rob you of the money. You have to make sure that you don’t become a victim of such case, and only after you establish the credibility of the website, you can place your order.
While shopping online, one of the most important things that you have to keep in mind is that you have to make sure that you are shopping on a legit site. Once you have done that, you can go ahead.
The increase in concern for the health care and facilities in India is a massive concern for the people as well as the Health Ministry of the country. Over 70% of the Indian population thrives in rule areas within minimal to nil health care facilities and concerns. The increase in mortality rate due to neglected and untreated diseases also is on the rise. Almost 700 million Indian population live in rural areas where medical healthcare conditions are unsatisfactory. Though there are a lot of healthcare facilities and plans laid off every year, to improve this condition, there is a gap in the implementation of such policies. A detailed study points at the lack of doctors, lab technicians and pharmacist at the rural clinics and hospitals. The maternity death rate is ever increasing due to lack of efficient doctors and hospitals in the area or the village.
- The non-accessibility of efficient health care in rural areas has forced the villagers to visit private health care providers and our urban hospitals in need. Not only are they unaffordable for the illiterates and the villages, but are also located far off their residence, which again creates another issue of travelling from the village to urban locations.
- Limited access to health facilities, increase the spread of deadly viruses and diseases, lack of efficient doctors and nurses and lack of clinics in the rural areas has increased the mortality rate.
- Although technological innovations and innovative ideas of remote health care facilities are changing the way India deals with rural healthcare, it is still inaccessible and unavailable for millions of people.
Impact of technology
Several startups and other companies are continually working towards better health conditions in the rural areas, apart from the government and NGO’s. Remote assessment of medical conditions and telemedicine has become a booming trend that helps in analyzing the conditions of the patient remotely and diagnoses them online. Technologies like artificial intelligence and cloud technology have shown a significant impact on the way things are in the field of health and medicine in rural areas.
Importance of healthcare
It is a no brainer that health care is the essential aspect of life, especially in developing countries like India that is not well equipped with tools and machines to sustainer face outbreaks of epidemics or pandemics in the country. Since the majority of the Indian population is under the poverty line, that part of the community needs to be able to access efficient medical and health care facilities whenever necessary. The importance of primary health care in rural areas is:
- Disease prevention
- Enhance the quality of life
- Help decrease the mortality rate by providing timely diagnosis
- Life expectancy
- Well maintenance of physical, mental and social health
- Barriers to healthcare access in rural areas
There are certain barriers and stigmas that the people from the rural and farm areas face, which is preventing them from. Some of them are:
- Distance and transportation issues
- Health insurance coverage’s
- Illiteracy or poor healthy literacy
- Social and privacy issues
George Floyd is a name that has been in the media for a long time now, not just for the crime that shocked the world but also for the justice that the public seeks for him. He was physically assailed in the most gruesome form by a few cops of the Minneapolis police department. This should be an event that has altered the lives of millions across the globe. But as time goes, more people step into the shoes of the cops and propagate the nefarious ideas of discrimination.
The 46-year-old man did not deserve to die that way, and the world has reacted to that as well. But it was now that the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement began spreading like wildfire all around the world since every country faces racism or discrimination on several grounds. Now, as the movement is becoming a widely popular one, there is a need for a retrospect on all our deeds and the digging for roots of the revolutionary slogan that started off as a hashtag campaign.
The Advent of the Activist Movement
Trayvon Martin, an African-American teenager, was shot dead by George Zimmerman in July 2013 in Florida. As soon as George was acquitted for the murder, the hashtag activist movement was on the grounds. Almost all citizens and the minor communities of the state started protesting through such media and other available platforms. It was in 2014 that the activist movement garnered more popularity when two unarmed men were murdered in Staten Island and Ferguson. The indictment of the police officers involved in the murder was the objective of this widespread movement, but not a single officer was convicted or tried at that point.
But the history of African American men and boys falling dead on the streets may date back to the past century. Around four to five cases are being reported every year that turn out to be outrageous events in the history of the country. Toxic masculinity is being fostered within the community as the teenager boys grow with hostility towards their fellow beings with a dark complexion. This goes on to develop within them, and the ones who turn out to be cops feel a sense of authority over everyone else on the streets.
Evolution from Protests to Policy Solutions
Black Lives Matter became the topic of discussion with this incident in 2020, and the movement has come into the public consciousness so much so that the world has joined hands to fight for justice. But like any other event in the history of things, this may go down to become the spur for another cop to strangle or smother another human being to death.
In the Ferguson case, the US Department of Justice announced many of the findings to be inappropriate and inadequate. Several such shortcomings on the side of department proved to be a setback for the movement in the pursuit of justice. However, the city of Ferguson announced after two weeks that the remedies for their unconstitutional law enforcement would be put into action. The activist movement has grown since then into a different league in fighting for justice, and it has found its place in the world with the current situation.
The Blockchain technology is an open and distributed ledger which manages safe and secure transaction records of two or more parties. It is made of individual blocks of data that contain various transactions merged all together. All of the concerned authorities can share a digital ledger over a computer network. This process does not require intermediaries or third person. Speed is one of the potential benefits of blockchain technology. But, higher efficiency, including the next level of security is what makes it stand out of the crowd. Banking is one of the categories where blockchain is widely used. This article helps you understand the significant advantages of blockchain technology in banking.
- Blockchain allows its customers to generate a peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction that will enable them to transfer money from their bank accounts to another person online. Blockchain has no geographical limitations, which makes it easy for bank customers to enable P2P transaction worldwide.
- In 2016, more than 90% of the European Payments Council members agreed that blockchain would change the banking industry by 2025; because blockchain is a decentralized platform for payments that can be used by banks to facilitate faster payment systems with a low processing fee.
- Blockchain technology makes it easy for banks to track credit and loans. Tradition banking institutions use credit reporting to maintain details about loans. Blockchain allows banks to process to peer-to-peer loans, faster, secure loan transactions.
- Banks cannot carry out online financial transactions without efficient identity verification. Blockchain makes it easy for banks to have easy verification process as it maintains the records safely, which can be used in the future. Users can register themselves quickly and securely on the blockchain. The customers have not to worry about getting themselves verified often for various service providers.
- Accounting and auditing are one of the slow areas to digitize in the banking sector. Banks cannot miss out on following their strict regulations in terms of data integrity and validity. Experts think that blockchain will simplify compliance and multiple entry bookkeeping systems. The technology can reduce the task of maintaining separate records based on transaction receipts; banks can add transaction reports into an open-source register which can be distributed.
How Future of Blockchain Looks Like in Banking?
Banking professionals believe that the blockchain technology will have to match with various conditions before becoming a mainstream tech in the banking sector, and banks must develop the infrastructure that is necessary to adopt the distributed system with matching solutions. For blockchain to lead the banking sector; most of the banks around the world need to start utilizing the technology. However, it is believed that the blockchain technology will help banks to offer better customer experience and compete with fintech startups.
Hiking is a good hobby that can give you a break from your regular life from time to time. As you start getting more and more used to your hiking routine, you may as well get these essentials to do it right. These ten essentials will keep you prepared for any type of situation during hiking, from lighting a fire to help a friend stuck in a problem.
Now that you are exploring the wilds of the unknown, you better have the right navigation tools to bring you back safely from where you started. Having some of the navigation can also make it easy for others to find you if you get lost. You can carry a map, compass, GPS device, altimeter watch, and a satellite messenger with you.
Headlamp does not fit in any category, but it is essential for you to find a way through the wilderness at night. You will need another light sound such as a solar-powered torch in your backpack, but having a headlamp will give you two free hands to work with when you are night camping in a forest.
You need to protect your body from the sunburns and heat when you are hiking on a bright day. You will need sunglasses, sunscreen, and lightweight sun-protective clothes to keep yourself cool and sweat-free.
You must have first aid in your backpack as hiking is an adventure sport and getting wounded is common in hiking a difficult terrain. You will also need items like foot care, insect repellent in your first aid, considering the area conditions.
Geat repair kit
You need to keep a few essentials to repair your travelling gear in case of tear and break. It includes duct tape, fabric repair tape, zip ties, and repair parts for a water filter, tent poles, sleeping pad, and climbing gear. A knife is a must during a hike which will help you in food preparation, first aid, gathering sticks for the fire, etc.
You will need tools to make your own fire during the camp. You can carry waterproof matches, lighter, burner, and a portable stove with you to help yourself in cooking and keeping warm.
Your camping gear should include everything that can keep you safe and warm in the camps. You can also carry an extra emergency shelter to protect yourself if you get stranded without your camping team. You cannot carry your tent everywhere, especially when you have camped.
Extra food and water
Always have more food with you when you are going on a trip. Having more than enough energy bars will always help you out. Pack more items that do not require cooking. Consider bringing an extra day supply with you. You will also need more bottles to refill for your hike whenever you get a chance to get fresh water.
Financial planning plays a crucial role in an individual’s everyday life and takes into account every aspect of life and not just pieces of it. Half the work of financial planning is to consider the risk capacity and create a wise and well executable financial plan that helps an individual achieve financial goals. However, it is also associated with certain risk factors and other aspects that influence financial planning. Read the article to find out more!
Financial planning diversifies from one individual to another and is hence personal factors also play a significant role in influencing.
- Lifestyle: House, car, vacations, guilty shopping etc. symbolize the standards of living. It plays a significant role in the pathway to financial planning and investments. Higher standards of living lead to a more substantial way of investments.
- Demand or risk: everyone has an appetite for taking and handling risks. Sometimes windfall gains like winning the lottery, increase in pay or promotion can lead to a higher chance of risk, than it does good to the individual. For some, taking a risk is a piece of cake while or others it is a port in a storm. Financial planning of an individual directly falls in line with the ability to take risks and sustain a normal lifestyle.
- Income: The income level can differ from one person to another. Again, like the aforementioned point, generation of income is also associated with risk factors. People who receive a salary are prone to losing a job or reduction in salary, whereas, for people in business, it is an entirely different scenario. However, timely and wise financial planning can lead to better monetary planning in future.
- Social and economic circumstances: Political and global issues, along with the country’s rules and regulations on tax, individuals, business finances etc. plays a significant part in the external factors influencing financial planning. If the country is on the rise in terms of economy, then it is good news for the business. Otherwise, it goes to a rut. Global issues, including the pricing of oil, petrol, and other essentials that are directly related to individuals and businesses, play a crucial role.
- Inflation: A sudden rate of inflation in daily goods or essentials also plays a significant role in financial planning. For instance, if a country’s inflation rate is 4%, then the businesses should provide at least 14% investments to get a return of a minimum 10%.
- Disruption: In the digital world we live in, disruption is inevitable and is also a serious concern during certain times. Some innovation, with the idea of growing, will disrupt the market for other products and ideas, furthering disrupting the products, established market firms and alliances. This is usually done by newly opened businesses and entrepreneurs, rather than the already existing ones. This also plays a crucial role in financial planning, especially for business people.
Financial planning is essential in today’s world, with all the uncertainty in the market conditions. Considering the factors and pain points mentioned above, businesses, as well as industries, need to develop a wise and executable business plan.
The British sixpence is one of the coins that circulated before the UK going decimal. Before decimalization, in 1971, the sixpence had been in circulation for 420 years. It remained as legal tender until 30th June 1980. In 1971 when the UK switched to decimal coinage, the sixpence was worth 2.5 new pence or $0.59.
If we take into account inflation, the value of sixpence today would be 35.5 new pence or $0.27
The Sixpence coin in British culture
The sixpence coin was frequently called a “Tanner” or “Sixpenny bit.” The sixpence was often placed in a Christmas pudding, and if your portion of the dessert contained the sixpenny bit, then it was believed that it would bring you good luck.There is a wedding tradition where the bride would wear “something old, something that is new, something that’s borrowed, and something blue, and a silver sixpence in her shoe.”They were a good luck charm for RAF aircrew. It was the custom to sew them behind the wings emblem on their jackets.Various pieces of theatre referred to the sixpence, most notably the book, stage show, and movie “Half a sixpence.”
The Coin has a particular connection with “luck” in British culture. On eBay today most descriptions of the sixpence refer to the coin as a “lucky sixpence.”
Before decimalization, How did the sixpence coin fit into the currency?
Farthings – (4 Farthings equal one penny) – ceased being legal tender in 1969
Halfpenny – (2 halfpennies equal one penny) – stopped being legal tender in 1969
Penny – (12 pennies equaling one shilling) – stopped being legal tender in 1971
Threepence – (4 threepenny bits equaling one shilling) – stopped being legal tender in
Sixpence – (2 sixpenny bits equaling one shilling) – stopped being legal tender in 1971
Shilling – (20 Shillings equals one pound) – stopped being legal tender in 1991 (1971-1991 was called five new pence)
Florin – (2 shillings equaling one florin) – ceased being legal tender in 1993 (1971-1993 was called 10 pence)
Half Crown – (8 half-crowns equaling one pound) – stopped being legal tender in 1970
The Crown – (Rarely seen but four crowns equaling one pound) – ceased being legal tender in 1971
10 Shilling Note – (2 ten-shilling note equaling one pound) – legal tender between 1928 to 1970
One Pound Note – (The one pound note was withdrawn in 1988 in favor of the one pound coin)
Five Pound Note – Still legal tender
Ten Pound Note – Still legal tender
Twenty pound Note – Still legal tender
Fifty Pound Note – Still legal tender
Value of Old Sixpence Coins
Most sixpence coins can be found on eBay and seem to sell around the 99p mark. Sometimes bulk quantities are sold substantially cheaper. One to look out for is the George VI sixpence coin, which could be sold for around £5-6. Victorian silver sixpence for about £4.
In 2016 the Royal Mint began to mint legal tender six new pence coins in silver at Christmas. These coins can be found on eBay at values ranging from around £18 to £60.. It depends on the condition of the coin.
Would you get car financing right NOW if you knew you were almost assured of getting a loan?
There are many benefits of using credit brokers like us over traditional sources of car finance.
We have a high approval rate
Our car finance is almost guaranteed. If you meet basic eligibility requirements and apply for a car loan, you are almost assured of getting one. We have software that matches borrowers with affordable lenders with the highest probability of lending. You’ll even know your chances of securing a loan before you apply.
How else do you guarantee high loan approval rates?
Loan applications are usually declined because of minor reasons like errors in the application form. If there is a typo in your name, you just need to correct such errors before reapplying. Our lending partners don’t reject car loan applications because of flimsy reasons.
We won’t check your credit score or damage it if you ask for a quote
Many people seeking car finance are denied loans or subjected to high borrowing costs because of bad credit scores. We don’t check your credit score or history and use such information to decide whether to approve or decline loan applications. Since the credit score “factor” isn’t considered, we can provide car finance to almost everyone who applies with us.
Most importantly, asking for a quote from us doesn’t damage your credit score and lower your chances of securing financing in the future.
We offer up to £25,000 guaranteed car finance
You can qualify for car financing up to £25,000. Our loan amounts are sizeable, considering you just need to be an adult living in the United Kingdom with a job or have proof of income. Traditional sources of car loans come with more stringent requirements minus the assurances of a high approval rate if you meet the requirements. With financing up to £25,000, you have many cars within your reach.
We offer car finance within minutes
You can secure car financing with us within 15 minutes. We have a loan application, verification, approval, and disbursement process that is designed for speed. It takes minutes to request for a quote (seconds if you are fast enough at filling-in your personal information). The entire process is automatic without human elements known to cause unnecessary delays. After signing the loan agreement electronically, funds should reflect in your bank a/c within 15 minutes.
With credit brokers like us, you can shop for a car, get financing and buy the car you want the same day.